When you borrow a fixed amount and need to repay it in regular installments, it is called an installment loan. Car loans, personal loans, and mortgages are just a few examples of popular installment loans. These loans involve monthly payments calculated so that the borrower repays the loan according to an agreed schedule.
Installment loans are common, and in most cases you don’t need to have good credit to increase your chances of being approved. But this is where most people fall prey to unscrupulous lenders who charge borrowers high interest rates.
When looking for a loan, it’s a good idea to always read and fully understand the terms before signing the agreement – and know your credit rating.
Today we are going to focus on installment loans for bad credit.
What is a bad credit installment loan?
Borrowers with no credit, imperfect credit history or poor credit scores are the best candidates for installment loans for bad credit. It is a type of payday loan designed to help people who have difficulty accessing credit.
Online lenders offer installment loans, although some local credit unions and banks may also offer payday loans for poor credit.
Payday loans for borrowers with bad credit are usually unsecured. Therefore, borrowers must provide an asset that will act as collateral to get loan approval. This way, the lender reduces the risk associated with defaults since they can simply repossess the asset to offset the loan balance.
But some lenders may not need collateral to approve an installment loan for borrowers in credit difficulty. It’s called an unsecured loan, but instead of collateral, lenders tend to charge higher interest rates to protect against defaulters.
Features of Bad Credit Installment Loans
As we see now, you don’t need to have a great credit score to qualify for an installment loan. You can take out a certain loan amount and repay it in fixed installments over a period of time.
Bad credit installment loans have unique characteristics that set them apart from other types of loans:
- Variable or fixed interest rates often apply. Variable interest rates change over the term of the loan. Fixed rates, on the other hand, mean that interest rates remain the same throughout the life of the loan.
Although terms and interest rates vary depending on the lender you choose, installment loans generally have:
- Higher fees: Bad credit installment loans tend to have higher fees. Fees can be administrative fees, loan service fees or collection fees.
- Higher interest rates: It is common for lenders to charge higher interest rates on loans to borrowers with bad credit.
- Loan amounts: Bad credit installment loan finance companies typically offer loans ranging from $100 to $10,000.
How to choose an installment loan
Here’s what to look for when choosing payday loans:
- Costs: Most lenders charge origination fees on loans, which can range from 1% to 10% of the total loan amount. Always ask the lender to disclose all fees associated with the loan before accepting the loan offer.
- Annual rates in percentage: APR is a term used to understand the cost of borrowing. For a personal loan, the APR is the annual cost of taking out a loan expressed as a percentage. Generally, you should find the lowest APR possible.
- Monthly payments: Payday loans tend to have fixed interest rates, which means your monthly payments stay the same for the life of the loan. This can be great for your budget as it allows you to properly manage your debt.
- Minimum credit rating: Different lenders have different definitions of bad credit. Some consider it to be below 630 while others may have no minimum requirement and may approve borrowers even without a credit history.
- Credit Repair Features: Most online lenders work with the three biggest credit bureaus, namely Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. They report your loan payments to these credit bureaus, so if you consistently make on-time payments, you can improve your credit score. Some lenders also offer additional features to help borrowers build credit. Always choose a lender who helps you repair your credit score.
How Bad Credit Installment Loans Work
You do everything online – from making a simple request to depositing funds into your account. Most online platforms are brokers, who then connect you with a lender.
One of the leading installment loan brokers is MyUSALoans, which provides unparalleled access to bad credit lenders. Upon submitting your application through their easy to use website, you will get an instant decision on your loan application. Your funds will usually be deposited within one business day.
In order for you to apply for bad credit installment loans through MyUSALoans, you will need to:
- Be 18 or older
- Show proof of stable income
- Have an active bank account with direct deposit.
Advantages of installment loans
Most lenders operate online and you can complete the application on any device with internet access. It only takes a few minutes if you have the required information readily available.
Your income will determine the loan amount you can borrow. However, most lenders have predetermined algorithms that limit the amount of money you can borrow to prevent you from falling into a cycle of debt.
Most payday loans do not involve a credit check and if you can prove that you are earning a steady income, you can easily qualify for a no credit check loan. If you haven’t defaulted with another lender, your chances of qualifying are still good.
Bad credit installment loans tend to have flexible payment plans to meet your unique financial needs. In some states, the loan may have a three month repayment period. But you can often also prepay the loan without a prepayment penalty.
No spending restrictions
You can use your loans for anything. But we suggest that you only borrow when you are in a financial emergency. Unlike bank loans, installment loans and other payday loans have no restrictions on how you spend them.
Will my credit report be affected?
MyUSALoans does not check your credit score when you apply for a loan online. But some lenders may check your score through a “soft search” that won’t appear as a credit application on your report.
Can I get a bad credit loan with guaranteed approval?
Although it is normally easy to get approved for a payday loan, unfortunately no one is guaranteed approval. It doesn’t matter how few loan requirements and how good your credit score is. However, if you have a steady stream of income and an active bank account that allows direct deposit, you will have an excellent chance of being approved through MyUSALoans.com.
Can I borrow twice from the same lender?
Instead. Especially if you have managed to repay a loan on time in the past. So paying off your loan on time will always increase the chances of borrowing twice from the same lender.
What other options do I have?
If you think a bad credit installment loan isn’t the right solution, there may be an alternative for you, including:
As the same suggests, these are types of unsecured loans that require a co-signer in the form of a family member or friend. The guarantor simply undertakes to repay the debt in the event of default by the borrower.
Guarantor loans are ideal for anyone with poor or no credit and if you can repay on time, you can use them to repair your credit rating.
Secured loans are also a great way to access credit if you have bad credit. With a secured loan, you must designate collateral that the lender will use to recover the cost if you fail to repay the loan.
Why Choose MyUSALoans for Bad Loans in Maryland?
If you want a payday loan for bad credit, you can use MyUSALoans to borrow up to $5,000. They can match you with a reputable lender who will be able to provide you with the funds you need.
With MyUSALoans, you can get a loan in three easy steps:
- Loan application: The platform is safe and secure
- Decision: Instant decision on your loan application
- Get your funds: Get up to $5,000 in 24 hours.
If you need a loan but are afraid of your bad credit, MyUSALoans can help you get a loan within 24 hours. The platform will connect you with the best lenders in America and on the same day of application, you will receive your funds so that you can deal with your financial emergency.